This historic paper is being scanned by the Chandler Museum and archived at archive.chandlermuseum.org/Chandler_Arizonan. Additional issues are on microfilm at the Downtown branch.
It's indexed online back to 1999, but you have to pay $3.95 per article to get the full text (day passes also available). The patron has a few options:
- Search the archives and buy the desired articles themselves.
- Use the online archives to identify the desired articles and find the date(s) they were published. Then go Downtown and view the microfilm. They have the Republic on film back to 1987, and a digital microfilm reader that will print ($.20/page) or save to a disk or flash drive.
- ***Check with Sue on the status of this option.*** If the patron is unable to do either of the above, we can at our discretion use Sue's credit card to purchase articles for them. Do this only for CPL cardholders.
Not in any of the databases we currently subscribe to, but available to people who come through Google News or Digg:
- Identify the desired article (using MasterFile Premier, etc.)
- Go to news.google.com, and enter the headline.
New York TimesNot in MasterFile, but available through Newspaper Source.