The main library number, 480-782-2800, is directed to the call center. The call center is staffed during Downtown's normal hours.
Our busiest day of the week is Monday and the number of calls declines each day to our slowest day, which is Sunday. Our busiest time of day is between 9AM and 5PM.
Here are the top 4 types of calls:
Renewals (17.60% of all calls)
Account info (10.21%)
We've worked hard to clarify when to transfer a call and to whom. Here are some calls we've received that have been and will be transferred:
- A parent is trying to locate a child
- A customer thinks they left their library card/phone/flash drive/keys at the library
- A customer has questions/wants to reserve a meeting room
- A customer has a very involved reference question that's time sensitive
- A customer wants to speak to a manager
See the phone list for direct extentions to branches/departments. They're listed in the gray boxes or at the top of department listings. Requests to speak to a manager are transfered to the manager's direct line.